Monday 5 October, 2009

I fell down!!!!

This is kind of a compulsory post! I need to give 30 minutes for the oil to get deep enough to penetrate my thick skin and reach spots were it is hurting. What better than blog in the meanwhile.

Something happened to me, after long long years. Infact I had forgotten the time when it had happened last. The feel of FALLING DOWN!

The sensation was queer. May be the spirit and enthusiasm of my young nephew is getting onto my brain as well. I felt like I have really walked back in time, when I used to have atleast one bleeding mark / injury in my body per day! It has been long days, since I even had a full scale fall, I meant the physical one.

There it happened, in front of my cousin’s house, while I was climbing down the stairs with my nephew in my hand, shoosh, went I down. Some where in the sub-conscious mind, protecting the kid is so badly imprinted that I never cared to break my fall with my hands or elbows, instead held him so close, that he was more shocked by that than the jolt!

But it did hurt me, I have badly hurt my back and it is paining good. Adding fuel to fire, I got some ayurvedic medicine, which was meant to cure the pain in one shot. Again blame me, I simply applied the oil onto the skin, without reading the method of usage. It nearly burned my skin through, as the oil had to be mixed with about 20 times coconut / gingely oil before applying! The day seemed extremely bright for me.

But some where all these pain is bringing me joy, may be the thought of rescuing my nephew from the fall (though it was me who attached the same to him) or may be the feel of getting good real pain (the most recent one being a few months back, when I had some boils under my feet – that sucked). Illness, as of in the Chennai corporate world, was mainly stomach troubles or cold or a maximum of a fever. It had never let me feel the real pain, which is running through all the nerves in my body, which connects any portion below my chest to my brain!

Now let us wait for the oil to penetrate!