Monday 4 May, 2009

Friendship, as for me

It is the 3 in the morning of a Monday, and I am still out of bed, penning this blog down. Why, is a million dollar question, whose answer would have made me happier than a millionaire. Unfortunately, the answer could be as simple as, I slept long time this week end, that sleep is evading me at night!

But I have taken up blogging at this depth of a night to bring in some observations in my life. The part is for friendship… mark in bold, FRIENDSHIP!!!

I have had my share of friends everywhere…. Hmm, I mean not exactly in Chennai. So here is my next million dollar question, why not in Chennai? Ohhh, there comes next, has it got anything to do with my hating my life at Chennai? Ah, another, my quest for a new job, has got any link to this? Yet another, my willingness to surrender myself to marriage, clicks a link?

Well, I am not sure. But through my life, I have always found myself a partner in crime, with whom I will confide and still does. May it be, Anand during school, Raj during College, or Anish through my Pune life, all have a part in my life, which I could say have shaped my life. There are lot many, in all through these phases, and that helped me live. That helped my life at school, college, and B-School feel something kind of life. Of course, I didn’t realize that at that point.

But this is not the topic of discussion, though I had intended to blog on some of my best friends. Will leave that for some other time when I have a bit of alcohol in my blood. I really open up then! This time it can be more dramatic, because I know these guys do sometimes read my blog!

Coming back to the topic of discussion, why didn’t I gain much friends in my two year stint in Chennai? All I can claim about is, Manna? Prasanna? Prashant? Dhanasekar? Rajesh? Unni? Apart from the few remnants from my B-school life that has spilled over here, in the form of Pulkit, Sanjeev, Kamlesh and all, I will say I have not gained even hand full of friends. Of the list I have provided, I don’t even have much contact with three, so far for the friendship!

Chennai heat is unbearable, getting onto your thoughts, diverting your attention. Still I am focused!

Could the reason be me? Could the reason be the people around? The situation and the scenario is to be blamed? Or is it like that in every one’s life?

Last question seems to be a bit favourably answered by chats I have with my close friends. Many have find themselves in situations where there is hardly any whom they can call as friends. But how far that matches situation I am into is questionable?

The reason could be me. I have turned a lot stoic. Many a times, I have so unheeded a “soon-to-be” friends’ call for help and support. This was not exactly purposeful, though I did know I had to do something and also what I had to do. But it could be because of the lack of dependency I have developed in these days.

Something creepy moved beside me, and bloody, scared the hell out of me.

Or could be because I have become more kinda irritated and frustrated, and whom ever I start sticking to, soon gets the smell of this irritation and frustration. They get to run soon, with their tail on fire. I think Prasanna will take a big bet in that, ;).

Booze flaps have come around my tummy, and its kind of odd, with the skinny body my soul occupies! But who will take the pain of waking up at 6 and jogging all the way to swimming pool and also, who will leave the pleasure of getting out of office at 7, getting drunk till you don’t feel a difference between pavement and your bedroom!

People around should share the blame with me. All they do is simply irritate me more. Be it in the form of my new boss, my roomie (who has got his entire ancestry down to our 2bhk “so-called” bachelors’ apartment), my other roomies, my non-existent girl friend in Chennai, and so on and so forth.

Now the situation does not look as severe as it did a good ten minutes back. Is this the magic of blogging or is it simply that sleep is taking over me slowly. It could also be that, mention of that particular roomie of mine, is bringing me rage from a very different direction. Also the Chennai heat and the absence of an AC, is bring sweat from all the molecules in my body, which is in touch with any other external body, like the laptop, clothes, etc etc. Should get rid of hem fast! ;)

Solution as for all other questions of mine, evades me. Even an answer evades me. Anyways, I guess I have changed atleast a bit, because now I appreciate my existing friends much better than what I did. And always hopes to get to them back at the earliest, before life gets more complicated (as in marriage, for a bachelor).

But one thing is pretty clear, Chennai as such is not stingy place. Infact I believe the place hardly counts, it all about the company you keep there, which makes you love or hate a place.